Louisiana Charging Order Statutes And Opinions
Louisiana Charging Order Statutes
- LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES: La.Stat. § 12:1331. Rights of judgment creditor
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
La.Stat. § 12:1331. Rights of judgment creditor
On application to a court of competent jurisdiction by any judgment creditor of a member, the court may charge the membership interest of the member with payment of the unsatisfied amount of judgment with interest. To the extent so charged, the judgment creditor shall have only the rights of an assignee of the membership interest. This Chapter shall not deprive any member of the benefit of any exemption laws applicable to his membership interest.
Louisiana Charging Order Opinions
- AOK Property Investments, LLC v. Boudreaux, ___ So.3d ____, 2020 WL 7240057, 20-237 (La.App. 5 Cir. Dec. 9, 2020).
- S.E. Property Holdings, LLC v. Chunn, 2017 WL 5167249 (La.App., Nov. 8, 2017).
- Seven Arts Pictures, Inc. v. Jonesfilm, 2013 WL 599661 (5th Cir., Feb. 18, 2013).
- Succession of McCalmont, 2018 WL 6521176 (La.App., Cir. 3, Dec. 12, 2018).