Foreign Entities And Charging Orders
Topic Foreign_Entities TopicsForeignEntities
The single most obvious and notorious flaw in the ULLCA relates to the unintended exclusion of foreign LLCs from the application of Article V, such that the charging order provisions have been held not to apply to LLCs not formed within the state. This was of course not the intended result, utterly makes no sense within the statutory scheme of the ULLCA, and it requires a statutory fix.
FOREIGN ENTITIES ARTICLES
- 2021.07.30 ... U.S. District Judge Employs Common Sense To Overrule Glitch In Charging Order Statute In Brogdon
- 2018.03.22 ... Charging Orders Against Out-Of-State LLCs Clarified In German American Capital Opinion
- 2016.06.14 … Bad Facts Make For Bad Charging Order Law In Arayos
- 2015.10.14 ... Charging Order Jurisdictional And Foreign LLC Issues Become Clearer In Vision Marketing
- 2015.09.19 ... EarthGrains Turns Up The Heat With Utah Charging Order Against Nevada LLC
- 2015.02.21 ... Mahalo To Charging Order Issued Against Interests In Out-Of-State Non-Party LLCs
- 2015.02.18 ... Florida Charging Order Foreclosure Of A Nevis LLC In Barber
- 2014.02.27 ... Connecticut Court Shanghais Out-Of-State LLCs With Charging Orders
- 2012.06.30 ... Inman: Are Charging Orders Entitled To Full Faith & Credit?
FOREIGN ENTITIES OPINIONS
- American Institutional Partners, LLC v. Fairstar Resources, Ltd., 2011 WL 1230074 (D.Del., Mar. 31, 2011).
- Arayos, LLC v. Jimmie Ellis, 2016 WL 1642676 (S.D.Ala., 2016).
- Earthgrains Baking Companies, Inc. v. Sycamore Family Bakery, Inc., 2019 WL 6001940 (D.Utah, Nov. 14, 2019).
- Fannie Mae v. Heather Apartments LP, 2013 WL 6223564 (Minn.App., Unpublished, 2013).
- German American Capital Corp. v. Morehouse, 2017 WL 3411941 (D.Md., 2017).
- In re Inman, 2012 WL 2309359 (Bkrtcy.S.D.Fla., Slip Copy, June 18, 2012).
- Mahalo Investments III, LLC v. First Citizens Bank and Trust Co., Inc., 2015 WL 687922, ___ S.E.2d _____ (Ga.App., Feb. 19, 2015).
- SEC v. Brogdon, 2021 WL 2802153 (D.N.J., July 2, 2021).
- Shanghai Real Estate Ltd. v. Greenberg, 2014 WL 660624 (Conn.Super., Jan. 28, 2014).
- Vision Marketing Resources, Inc. v. McMillin Group, LLC, 2015 WL 4390071 (D.Kan., July 15, 2015).
- Wayfarer Aviation, Inc. v. The Halsey McLean Minor Revocable Trust, No. C 10-00165 (N.D.Cal., Sept. 18, 2012).
- Wells Fargo Bank v. Barber, 2015 WL 470589 (M.D.Fla., Feb. 4, 2015).